Paying For Child Care

It is no secret that child care can be expensive! But the money you spend on high quality early childhood programs is an investment into your child's future. There are several ways to help make child care more affordable for Indiana families.

Am I eligible to receive financial assistance via the Child Care Development Fund (CCDF)?

  • Parents/foster parents who are working or going to school or have a referral from Department of Child Services (DCS) or a referral from TANF/IMPACT.
  • Be within income guidelines
  • Have proof of identity for all family members
  • Be a resident of the county where you are applying for assistance
  • Children receiving care must be 12 years of age or younger unless they have special needs
  • The child receiving assistance must be a U. S. Citizen or qualified legal alien.

Income Guidelines

Size of Family Pre-Tax Monthly
Income Limit
1 $1,322.00 A family's gross monthly income (before taxes & any other deductions) can not be over 127% of the federal poverty level to be eligible for the program. The family can then remain on the program until income exceeds 85% max of the Indiana Median income guidelines by Family Size. Licensed Foster parents, seeking care for foster children, and parents involved with the Department of Child Services do not have to be within these income guidelines. This table will help you determine whether or not you may qualify for the CCDF Program.
2 $1,790.00
3 $2,257.00
4 $2,725.00
5 $3,193.00
6 $3,661.00
7 $4,129.00
8 $4,496.00
9 $5,064.00
10 $5,532.00
11 $6,000.00
12 $6,467.00
13 $6,935.00
14 $7,403.00
15 $7,871.00
Income amounts are figured on gross (before taxes) income. This includes any overtime, holiday, bonus, sick/vacation, etc. Includes wages, SSI, TANF, unemployment, and child support.

Apply for CCDF Vouchers or On My Way Pre-K online at

For more information, or to apply, please contact the CCDF intake agent below from the county in which you reside.

Other ways to make child care more affordable

  • Contact your local government, United Way, or other community or faith-based organization that may provide child care scholarships
  • Contact your employer or educational institution to find out if child care scholarships, discounts, or on-site child care is provided
  • Ask your current child care program if they offer scholarships, a sliding fee scale, or other discounts
  • Head Start and Early Head Start are federally funded and sometimes state funded full or part-day programs that provide child care and other services to help meet the health and school readiness needs of eligible children. Find a Head Start or Early Head Start program near you.