School Age Child Care
The Child Care Resource Network School Age Specialist is available to answer questions about best practices, and provide training and on-site support to parents and providers who care for school -age children.
Look and Listen for:
- Organized, safe and clean programs.
- Children and youth that appear to be happy in the program.
- Staff who work well together
- Staff who are respectful of each other.
- Children busy with activities
- Children who help each other and cooperate.
- Happy sounds of children in the program.
- Staff engaged in activities and conversation with the children and youth.
- Adequate materials and space for a variety of activities.
- Quiet, soft spaces for reading, quiet games and relaxing as well as space for active play.
- Materials and program space that reflect diversity.
- Space that reflects the work and interests of the children and youth in the program.
- A program that provides a rich learning atmosphere that supports children’s education.
- Bathrooms that look and smell clean.
- A safe playground area that is fenced in and has cushioning material under climbing equipment.
- Hazardous materials that are kept out of reach of children and youth.
- Food preparation area that looks and smells clean.
For more information about school-age services at The Child Care Resource Network, please contact Lisa Walter at 765-742-7105.