Paying For Child Care

It is no secret that child care can be expensive! Here at The Child Care Resource Network we believe child care is more than someone simply watching your child. In fact, we make it our mission to improve the quality of child care in our region by coaching providers to level up in Paths to QualityTM and by providing training opportunities to give providers the tools they need to provide high quality child care!

If your child is enrolled in high quality child care, you know that your money helps to support the day-to-day operations of the center and so that the staff members can attend training and further their education so that your child's care and early learning needs are met!

No matter what type of care you choose – whether it be a child care center or care in someone else's home - use the Five Steps to Finding Child Care!

Attention Military Families - click here to find out if you are eligible to receive assistance in paying for off-post child care programs.

Am I eligible to receive financial assistance?

Your family may be eligible if:

  • You have children under the age of 13, or 18 with documented special needs
  • Your family income is at or below 127% poverty level
  • If you receive TANF funds from the Division of Family Resource Office (you have priority)
  • Your children reside with you

Service Eligibility is determined on an individual basis.

Eligible services include:

  • Employment
  • A certified or accredited training or education program, including high school. Adult education or GED (correspondence classes are not covered)
  • TANF Impact approved activity: Job Search, Employment, Education, Job Readiness

For more information, or to apply, please contact the CCDF intake agent below from the county in which you reside.

Ask if your local government, United Way, or other community or faith-based organization provides child care scholarships.

Does your employer (or college, if you are a student) provide child care scholarships, discounts to certain programs, or on-site child care at reduced rates?

Ask if your child care provider offers scholarships, discounts or a sliding fee scale.

Head Start and Early Head Start are federally funded and sometimes state funded full or part-day programs that provide child care and other services to help meet the health and school readiness needs of eligible children. Find a Head Start or Early Head Start program near you.

You may be able to lower your taxes and even get up to several thousand dollars back if you qualify for Federal EITC . To qualify you must be working full or part-time and make less than a certain amount based upon family size. You don't have to owe any taxes to the Earned Income Tax Credit.

If you have a dependent child under age 17, you may be able to get the CTC , which can be worth hundreds of dollars per child. The income limit for the CTC us much higher than for the Earned Income Tax Credit, but you still don't have to owe any taxes to get the CTC .

If you have a child under age 13, and owe federal income taxes, the Federal Child and Dependent Care Tax Credit can help cover a portion or all of the taxes you owe if you qualify.

Many states offer their own Earned or Child Dependent Care Tax Credits. These credits are similar to the Federal ones, except that in some states, you don't have to owe any taxes to get the State Child and Dependent Care credit. You can get both Federal and State Earned Income and Child and Dependent Care credits.

Your employer may have a DCAP, which allows you to have money (up to $5,000 a year) taken out of you paycheck tax-free and put into a special account to be used for child care tuition reimbursement. The main purpose of this type of program is to help you lower the amount of taxes you have to pay during the year. You should never put more into this account than you will actually spend, because in most cases you will lose any leftover at the end of the year You also cant claim any money you put in a DCAP for the Child and Dependent Care Tax Credit.